Friday, October 3, 2008

Singapore Biennale: South Beach Development

So tired! I went to school at 8.26am and came home at 8.30pm, but worth it.
We visited the exhibition in the South Beach Development today.
Some are very2 conceptually driven. I recommend the rest of the class to join the next tour. xD


Fei Zao, 2008. This is an installation and performance. Those white rocks are actually soap bars, and the setting is a man washing (washing something, I didn't know). By Paolo W. Tamburella.



The Dancer, 2005. This installation is Truong Tan, using elastic material, steel, and fabric. I love this installation, especially because I love red! And those elastic material burst the colorful lines. Just love them a lot.



Felice Varini Project: "Drill Hall". Singapore Biennale 2008, S.S.V.F.H.Q. 1931 Building, 2008. A visual illusion that occur within interior space by Felice Varini. You need to find the correct spot to see the correct perspective and you will get straight lines. (uppps, my spot wasn't correct, so sorry.)



September Sweetness, 2008. This is an installation by Thein, Streitmatter-Tan, Rich and Ko. Believe it or not, this was made up from SUGAR! It was smelly and the shape spoiled already (may be because of rain and eaten by insects), but actually the shape should look like a temple. Luckily we went here today, they say that there were bees coming in (oh my.... ).



Well, there are more set ups there, but these are the most memorable to me.
Special thanks to Paul and Isabel for giving us this opportunity.
I couldn't wait for the next visit. See you guys there!
I want to sleep right now. lol.



SG Biennale, wonder... (All you need is just to wonder! ^^,)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,please drop your comments. Feel free to give comments, critiques, or give some advice. Cheers!